|Green Waste Verge Collection|
We provide two green waste verge collections per year.
Material for collection is to be placed neatly on the street verge by 6am on the commencement date. Please ensure all items do not cause a visual obstruction for traffic.
Material is NOT to be placed out more than seven days for green waste prior to the collection date. A person who places material on the verge prior to the commencement date may incur a fine under the Litter Act.
Any waste left on the verge outside collection dates MUST BE REMOVED IMMEDIATELY or you may incur a litter infringement notice.
Only tree and shrub prunings that comply with the following will be removed:
· Individual green waste should not exceed 1.5m in length nor weigh more than 16kg.
· Green waste to be less than 150mm in diameter.
Stack green waste neatly on the street verge with the cut ends facing the street.
The following will NOT be removed:
· Lawn and weed sods, stumps or tree roots.
· Oversized material (see limits above).
· Bags, boxes or bales of green waste.
Please note: The City does not have any arrangements with commercial contractors. Where residents choose to utilise the services of commercial contractors, it is the resident’s responsibility to ensure they comply with the requirements of a green waste collection.
Note: Hard Waste will not be collected as part of a Green Waste collection. This will be collected via the Hard Waste collections only.
Please refer to the table below for the green waste collection dates.
Green waste collection dates
To view all of your waste collection dates for your specific property:
2. Click on this icon
3. Accept and continue the Important Information panel.
4. Click on the House Search tab at the bottom of the screen, enter your address details and click SEARCH.
All of your waste collection details will appear in the right side of the screen including:
Hard and Green Waste Verge collections
Weekly waste and recycling day collection
Call 1300 422 664 if you need any assistance.
· Council will remove up to 6m3 of material per property, per collection per year.
· Material for collection is to be placed neatly on the street verge by 6am on the commencement date. Please ensure all items do not cause a visual obstruction for traffic.
· Material is NOT to be placed out more more than two days for household junk and seven days for green waste prior to the commencement date.
· Please do not obstruct or obscure essential services such as fire hydrants, telecommunication, sewer or stormwater access, electrical transformers or power domes.
· Please do not obstruct the footpath or your regular bin service.
· Please do not place material on the verges or land of public spaces, reserves or parks.
Please note: When placing material on the verge for collection, residents are asked to be mindful that machinery is used for all verge collections. Please place material to accommodate this.
A person who places material on the verge prior to the commencement date may incur a fine under the Litter Act.
Penalties May Apply
Failure to comply with the instructions in this brochure may result in fines or prosecution. Items left on the verge outside of the designated collection period will be classed as litter. Fines of up to $5000, or an on-the-spot fine of $200 may apply.
If the litter creates a public risk (e.g. broken glass, refrigerator or freezer with door attached etc.), fines of up to $5000, or an on-the-spot fine of $500 may apply